Want to learn how to become a truck driver? TransTech and Catawba Valley Community College have partnered to offer a Truck Driver Training Program. The program will allow students to complete a commercial driver’s license in roughly five weeks.
The training will consist of a mix between online work and behind-the-wheel training. Coursework contains nearly 120 hours of behind-the-wheel training and 56 hours of online coursework.
Admission requirements include the following:
– Be at least 18 years of age.
– Must be 21 years of age for interstate commerce or Hazardous material endorsement.
– Hold a valid NC Driver’s License.
– Licenses cannot be suspended, disqualified, or revoked
– Students cannot hold more than one driver’s license
– Have a valid Social Security Card
– Have an acceptable driving record
– Pass a criminal background check
– Pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen
Each of these is required for students to apply for the course. To learn more about admission requirements, follow the link here.
Ready to get started? Contact TransTech at (828)464-8001 or email admissions to [email protected] After that, it is time for Orientation. Mandatory Orientation will be held at CVCC’s East Campus in Room 1111. Students will not be allowed to start classes if students do not attend Orientation.
Once these steps are completed, it is time to begin the course! Coursework includes completing CDL coursework, taking a written learner’s permit exam at the DMV, and more.
TransTech and Catawba Valley Community College’s partnership through the Truck Driver Training Program offers students the opportunity to earn a CDL license. To learn more about TransTech and how to enroll in the proper course, contact TransTech at (828)464-8001 or via email at [email protected]
Be sure to check out CVCC and TransTech today to learn more about the Truck Driver Training Program!
1261 US Highway 70 Southeast
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Insta Daily News journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.